January Fitness Feature - Meet Cindy

As I was listing my goals for 2015, there was one goal that I was and am extremely excited about: "Feature someone you find inspiring every month."

I don't know how normal this is, but I really seem to be surrounded amazing people, women in particular, so narrowing down to a list of 12 is a bit difficult, but that's the plan.

With that, I'm pleased to offer my very first feature, Cindy Kuestersteffan...



JS: So, Cindy, us a little about yourself...
CK: I am 41, with a Valentine's Birthday! I am out going, fun and very motivated! I have always lived in Kansas. I have always loved a variety in everything I do! I love nurturing and sharing the knowledge of making people better than they are at the moment. Whether it be bettering one's health,one's business, one's attitude, one's hope. I love being a part of a loving and growing environment. I love constantly learning. I love being a mom to four kids, Chloe 14 Cody 12, Blaire 10 and Brooke, 6. Married to my engineering and logical and loving husband Jay for 18 years. My husband Jay and I have worked together at virtual home school with them for three years now. It definitely lets you enjoy your family much more.

JS: Speaking of health, nurturing and sharing, how did you get into essential oils?
CK: I have used essential oils all my life. About 2 1/2 years ago I needed some lavender and came upon a family physician kit that a lady was talking about and I was very intrigued. All of these oils were completely different than what I was used to. I received my kit and immediately started treating everything from swimmers ear, to strep throat, fevers, sleep issues, weight loss help, migraines moods. I was in complete shock! The bottles were close to being empty. The best part is no doctors, no co pays! We (myself and children) have only been to see a doctor once in the 2 1/2 years since. Incredible!

JS: Keeping 4 kids healthy and yourself health IS incredible! How do you balance being a mom and running both your salon and essential oils businesses?
CK: It's not easy, but the hard work yields the best rewards! I just have learned to go with the flow; enjoy the moment you're in. Get through it, if it's a difficult one and always keep learning and growing. Listen to the Lord, follow your intuition, your soul and always do what your passion is!

JS: Absolutely, our Lord will guide us! So share with us, how do you fit workouts into all of this?
CK: I work out about 5 days a week. I started last June and now I have incorporated many DVDs at home and other workouts off Pinterest and Instagram. I have totally changed my moods, sleep and eating habits in the last 6 months with great nutrition and exercise. I've lost 18lbs, toned and am building stronger mind and body daily with awareness. I work out whenever I have time during the day, never a set time.

JS: Excellent! I imagine you incorporate essential oils to maximize your active lifestyle?
CK: I drink Lemon oil in my water first thing in the morning. I diffuse many different oil blends daily in my diffusers. Peppermint and Wild Orange Oils are great pick me ups to inhale before work outs! Deep Blue Rub helps with aches and Pains post work out! I use many roller blends through out the day! Endless possibilities! Motivate Me is a great blend of Black Pepper, Lime, Wild Orange and Frankincense. I also love Zen Mommy which is Grapefruit Oil, Bergamot, Lime, Ginger and Sandalwood.

JS: I'm with you, Cindy! I use my diffuser and oils every night! If people want to know more about essential oils and their benefits, what’s the best way to contact you?
CK: They can reach me on Facebook or call/text me at 913-461-5640. I also offer FREE oil wellness classes FREE wellness consults.

JS: You rock, oil momma! Thank you so much for your time!