Easter Weekend Recovery

This past weekend was AMAZING!  Not only did I get to serve with my NLCC Creative Arts teammates for 4 Easter services, but I also got to spend a good part of Sunday hanging out with my cousins, chatting and eating yummy homemade dishes.

As fantastic as that experience was, it can take a bit out of you from a health perspective.  From the increased self-induced stress of wanting to represent Christ as best as humanly possible to the celebratory, exhaustion-induced decision to have an extra dessert, my body was DONE by 7:30pm, Sunday night.



All is not lost, though.  I made a plan to get my body back on track before an exception turns into the norm:

  1. I went to bed EARLY.  I knew I wanted to get my Beachbody on Demand TurboFire workout in on Monday morning as well as an added PiYo workout on Monday evening, and the first step to making it happen was to get adequate rest.
  2. I prepared all of my food for the work day including a nice egg and veggie (zucchini and red pepper) scramble for breakfast (with half a slice of leftover ham); Shakeology for lunch; and blackberries and kiwi for my snack.  For dinner I'll have grilled chicken and veggies.  
  3. Water is a struggle for me, but I'll be upping my normal water intake as well today, as well as adding a little lemon essential oil to add in flushing our my system.
  4. Finally, I'll be sure to get my devotion time in with Bean (Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions For Kids). Even though it's geared towards children I always find that the message applies to my busy mom life.

I know these tips will help me get back to normal and I hope that they'll benefit you as well!


Just in case you haven't worked out yet, here's a little post-Easter diddy I put together.  Give it a shot...

TeamPeeps :) or TeamEeeeek :(
Here's a special video for you "Peeps" fans. Share with your peeps and get to dropin'! #motivationMonday
Posted by Jami Stephens on Monday, April 6, 2015